Monday, December 23, 2013

Hello Christmas!

We love Christmas and with December 1st being 3 days after Thanksgiving, we too felt the rush to hurry up and decorate.  Luckily, Bobby planned ahead and put up the Christmas lights the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Then on December 1st we busted out the decorations and I let the girls go to town.  Unlike most years, we only put out decorations that had meaning to us.  The girls love snow globes so they put those items out, and I have a few mementos from my childhood that couldn't be forgotten.  We actually left two Christmas boxes filled with decorations in the garage.  We went for a more minimalist Christmas this year...and I have to say it felt really nice. 

Vern's first picture by the tree

Holly came once the tree was up...right by the girls favorite snow globes.

The only decorations that we acquired new this year were cut pieces of wood off the stump of a Christmas tree.  I went to Home Depot and took them from a box of stumps at the tree lot...for free.  The pine cones are from Grampy and Nona's house in Paso Robles.  Chloe ran around the house embellishing our table tops with them.  I think they add a bit of coziness!


The girls sewed Holly her own stocking last year.  Chloe is in the process of sewing her a new green felt skirt for Christmas this year.  Such fun memories!

No comments: