Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Hallway

I was so excited to change out my old hallway pictures that dated about 12 years and put up some of my favorite photos of the kids.  With a lot of help from family, I started to transform the hallway.  Using old different colored frames and garage sale finds, we painted everything white. It was fun and a bit challenging, but I'm happy with the results.  There are still more frames that I want to put up, but this is a good start.  This project ended up costing me about $30 including paint and photo prints.  So happy about that!!!









Some friends encouraged me to buy some "K's" to put up.  I love them!

This is at the end of the hallway.  I think I'm going to paint the wall under the top frame.  Any color ideas???  I need that "K" to pop more.

2 comments:

michelle michael said...

julie, it turned out beautifully! the frames around frames add so much character and the "Ks" are a perfect addition. good job, mama. i love that there's room for it to grow. what a pretty house.
color? hmmmn, i'd say tiffany blue, but that's more for me... what about a pretty green to tie the area into the rest of the house? want to paint the entire hall?

HEATHER said...

i love how it turned out! fabulous look. love all the differnt frame shapes and especially the "k"s. what about a deep red? don't you have a lot of red in your house as accents? or that green you just did in the family room from the pillows? or a chocolaty brown?